HEATHER M. ROY
Heather has been practicing law in the northwest for 20 years. She works with individuals, business owners and multi-generational families to ensure the most comprehensive service possible.
Heather works alongside clients in all aspects of development and implementation of gift and estate tax planning strategies. Her practice focuses primarily on estate planning but she also advises closely-held business owners on business succession planning and tax planning, and provides counsel to non-profit and tax-exempt organizations. Her varied experience with small and mid-sized firms gives her a wide range of expertise.
- Regularly advises clients on family legacy planning, including wills and trusts, powers of attorney, charitiable giving and grant making, and probate and trust administration
- Provides counsel to companies, families and individuals in establishing, structuring and maintaining tax-exempt and non-profit organizations
- Represents closely-held business owners various matters, including in succession and tax planning
Heather and her family are outdoor enthusiasts, hitting the slopes in the winter and the hiking trails in the summer. She can be found cheering on her family at their multiple sporting events year-round.
- University of Washington, B.A. Political Science, Magna Cum Laude, With Distinction
- University of Washington School of Law, J.D.
- University of Washington School of Law, L.L.M. in Taxation
MEMBERSHIPS & RECOGNITION
- King County Bar Association
- Washington State Bar Association
- National League of Young Men
- National Charity League
- Guardian Ad Litem, King County Superior Court