LORI LOPEZ GUZZO
Lori’s practice focuses on marital dissolutions involving complex financial issues or large estates. She has handled numerous divorce cases involving the valuation of closely held businesses, professional practices, and executive and startup compensation. Lori serves as a mediator and as collaborative law counsel for clients choosing these alternative dispute resolution processes for divorce and divorce-related matters. She also serves as an expert witness in legal malpractice matters.
Practicing since 1986, Lori has extensive experience representing clients ranging from individuals to publicly traded companies in a variety of litigation matters outside of matrimonial law. Her experience includes mediations, arbitrations, bench and jury trials, as well as state and federal appeals. She has practiced in state and federal courts in Washington, Alaska and Oregon. This diverse background is an asset that benefits Lori’s matrimonial law clients, particularly in cases involving complex assets.
A native of Chicago, Lori has called Seattle home since 1986. Over the years, she and her son have combined their passions for service work and love of travel, volunteering together in rural Washington, New Orleans, Mexico and Rwanda. Fond of the Great Apes, especially gorillas and chimpanzees, Lori enjoys the rare distinction of having been hugged by a wild mountain gorilla.
- Notre Dame Law School, J.D.
- Loyola University of Chicago, B.A. magna cum laude, With Distinction in Political Science, Outstanding Graduate in Political Science, Distinguished Military Graduate
MEMBERSHIPS & RECOGNITION
- Super Lawyers® list, 2004 through 2018
- Top 50 Women Washington Super Lawyers® list, 2005-2007, 2009-2013, 2015-2017
- Top Lawyers List, Seattle Met magazine, 2010-2018
- Top 25 Washington Family Law Super Lawyers list, Washington Law & Politics magazine
- AV Preeminent rating, Martindale-Hubbell Law Dictionary
- International Academy of Collaborative Professionals
- King County Collaborative Law
- Washington State Bar Association
- King County Bar Association
- Kaiser Permanente Hospice Volunteer
- Center for Children & Youth Justice, Lawyers Fostering Independence Mentor
- Shirts Across America/St. Bernard Project Volunteer
- King County Bar Association Neighborhood Legal Clinics Volunteer
- Agros International JWAV Partner
- Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure Top 100 Fundraisers
- U.S. Army and U.S. Army Reserve, 10 years’ service as a Cadet and Officer