JASON L. BERGEVIN
Jason is highly skilled as an attorney, with extensive experience in both Washington and Alaska. His expertise in business extends beyond the typical scope, representing a wide variety of clients, from small family-owned businesses to public corporations. Jason has represented every party in a construction dispute, from the owners and developers to the contractors, subcontractors and even the design team. Jason’s practice has grown with his clients’ businesses, advising as general counsel including on HR and employment issues. His work includes drafting contracts, employment agreements, non-compete agreements and employee handbooks.
While Jason continues to practice in both Alaska and Washington, he steadily provides clients with personalized advice, avidly working to resolve disputes and minimizing risk in the future.
- Drafted employee contracts and handbooks for a variety of employers
- Successfully defended civil contractor in claims arising from development of subdivision and construction of two roads
- Represented owner of an automotive shop against claims of sexual harassment before the Alaska Human Rights Commission
- Successfully challenged termination for default of school construction contract, resulting in payment to contractor and conversion to termination for convenience
- General Counsel for ongoing businesses and property development companies
- Represented a local inventor in contract dispute over defective manufacturing. Secured personal guarantee of settlement
- Negotiated successful exit from non-compete/non-solicitation for agent at local insurance brokerage
- Defended a major Northwest developer in a condominium defect claim. Case settled for approximately one-quarter of the original demand
- Successfully represented Alaskan distributor in claims against large-multinational corporation under Alaska’s distributorship statute
- Counsel for steel erector subcontractor on $170M hospital replacement project. Settled claims with general contractor and fabricator on terms favorable to steel erector
Jason is a longtime Alaskan who relocated to Seattle in 2010. He is a passionate chef, seeking relaxation by cooking for friends and family as well as catering parties of more than 175 people. Jason and his husband have been avid subscribers to the Seattle Opera for more than 10 years.
- Willamette University School of Law, J.D.
- University of Alaska, Anchorage, B.A.
MEMBERSHIPS & RECOGNITION
- Alaska State Bar Association
- Washington State Bar Association
- King County Bar Association
- U.S. District Court, District of Alaska
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Washington
- ARCADE- Board of Trustees (President, 2017, 2018)
- Pride Foundation- Board of Directors, Resource Development Committee, Executive Transition Committee
- Gay and Lesbian Bar Association of Washington (Q-Law)- Judicial Evaluation Committee, Mentorship Program
- Washington State Bar Association- CLE Committee