ELEANOR H. WALSTAD
Eleanor provides counsel to individuals and companies in business and real estate disputes. Her clients include business owners, property owners, lenders, borrowers, landlords, tenants, title insurance companies, and condominium and homeowner associations. Eleanor is a skilled litigator and negotiator. She works with her clients to determine their goals, and to develop strategies and solutions to efficiently and effectively achieve those goals through settlement and, if necessary, litigation.
Super Lawyers® magazine has recognized Eleanor’s achievements by naming her to the Rising Stars list in 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018. This designation is reserved for fewer than 2.5 percent of all lawyers in Washington State.
- Represents property owners and national title insurance companies in real estate litigation
- Represents small and mid-size businesses in breach of contract and business tort claims
- Advises small and mid-size companies in connection with employment disputes
- Represents employees in severance negotiations
- Represents employers in lawsuits alleging discrimination, retaliation or wrongful termination
Eleanor and her husband are transplants from the East Coast. With their two young sons, Eleanor’s family enjoys exploring the Pacific Northwest by hiking, backpacking and cross country skiing with their dog, Xavi.
- University of Washington School of Law, J.D.
- University of Pennsylvania, B.A. cum laude
MEMBERSHIPS & RECOGNITION
- Washington State Bar Association
- King County Bar Association (KCBA)
- Top 50 Women Washington Rising Stars list 2016
- Rising Stars list 2014 through 2018
- Mother Attorneys Mentoring Association of Seattle (“MAMA”)
- Member of Inaugural Class of MAMA Seattle’s Ladder Down Program
- Real Property, Probate, and Trust Law Section of KCBA
- King County Bar Association Neighborhood Legal Clinic, Volunteer Attorney
- Seattle Works, Team Works Volunteer, and Socius Team Captain for Seattle Works Day
- Suicide Prevention Volunteer
- United Way of King County, Volunteer Tax Preparer